5 TIPS FOR EATING HEALTHY
Improved general health and wellness are among of the benefits healthy eating guarantees. Below are a few guidelines to aid in your healthy eating journey:
- Eat breakfast – Starting the day with a healthy breakfast is the best gift to give your body. After long hours of fast (during sleep) your body needs a supply of fuel for its daily activities. Remember to take breakfast within 2 hours of waking. Breakfast revitalizes the body and prevents unhealthy snacking during the day.
- Eat more vegetables – These leafy are enriched with nutrients and minerals which are essential for a healthy body. Vegetables are relatively lower in calories meaning you can eat a lot without gaining excess weight. A great remedy for weight loss. Endeavor to add vegetables to all meals.
- Reduce unhealthy fats in meals– Saturated fats and Trans fats can be described as unhealthy due to the negative effect it has on blood cholesterol as well as cardiovascular health. It is important to replace unhealthy fats with unsaturated fats. Unsaturated fats includes oily fishes, nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil and other vegetable oils. Fatty meats, pastry, fried foods, margarine and butter should be reduced in meals
- Drink more water –It is important to replenish the system with WATER not carbonated drinks, soda, artificial juices or alcohol. Plain water is the best choice for rehydrating the body. Drink about 2 ½ – 3L (8 glasses) of water daily.
- Plan meals ahead of time– Planning ahead of time helps you commit to a healthy eating lifestyle. Creating a shopping list, planning what meals are going to be eaten during the week, preparing weekly meals ahead of time makes it easier to eat healthy during the week.ARTICLE BY SALOMEY KOKORO
OFFICIAL DIETICIAN OF BISA
DOWNLOAD BISA TO ASK OUR DOCTORS QUESTIONS AND ALSO GET HEALTH TIPS.